The Design and Crafts Council of Ireland is the national agency for the commercial development of Irish designers and makers, stimulating innovation, championing design thinking and informing Government policy with over 3100 Client Enterprises. The DCCI engaged our expertise to lead and deliver a strategic review of its client registration system in order to improve overall interaction with clients and to inform the strategic development of DCCI based on sectoral needs and improve communication regarding DCCI’s remit.
What we did
We complete a strategic evaluation of the Design and Crafts Council Client registration system and process for engagement with early start-up and HPSU in the craft and design industries and delivered a strategic road map to optimise and enhance client engagement. We designed a mixed method research approach that that involved
- Consultation with the staff and executive at DCCoI
- Observation of the selection process
- Benchmarking and international review of 17 Irish and International craft and design focussed government agencies and membership organisations, four enterprise development agencies in Ireland and Northern Ireland;
- Analysis on the CRM System across
- Process Review across the registration/criteria for assessment, CRM System and Client Management
- Review of Design and Craft Disciplines and Product Related Design
- Review of the use of digital processes in the realisation of craft/design based product
- Review of GDPR
What we delivered
We delivered a strategic report and road map with key actions and milestones to implement the recommendations of the report and optimise the Design and Crafts Council Client registration system and process for engagement with early start-up and HPSU in the craft and design industries.